From the Principal
I would like to warmly welcome you and your family to Birdwood Primary School. Our school works to provide a rich, engaging and rewarding education for our children from Reception to Year 6. We have developed flexible, inclusive classrooms to ensure we meet the learning styles and needs of all students and our teachers effectively differentiate to meet individual learning needs. The partnership between the parents, staff and children is paramount to provide the best possible educational opportunities for students and we actively encourage open and honest communication. By working in partnership we can best assist our children in their intellectual, physical, social and emotional development.
I look forward to meeting and talking with you during 2022.
At Birdwood Primary School we strive to:
- Provide a challenging and engaging education for all students for their present time of life as well as for their future benefit.
- Provide a happy, secure and safe environment.
- Provide a creative and stimulating programme which encourages children and teachers to strive for excellence.
- Provide successful experiences for each child.
- Ensure that students gain an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and ethnic groups with emphasis being placed on respect, responsibility and resilience.
- Provide students with the qualities and attributes of a lifelong learner.
- That the interaction between teacher and child is at the heart of schooling.
- Close cooperation between home and school is vital.
- Teachers complement parents but do not take their place.
- All children should be encouraged to problem solve, challenge themselves, demonstrate resilience and work to the best of their ability.