- large saucepan
- chopping board
- 6 rashers bacon chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablepoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 litres vegetable/chicken stock
- Approximately 6 parsnips (1kg)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add the bacon, garlic, onion and thyme and cook
for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and the bacon cooked.
- Add the stock to the saucepan. Add the potatoes and parsnips and simmer until
- Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through cream.
- Serve sprinkled with extra fresh thyme.